Mindfulness Mala Beads Making Class
This class is conducted both in-person and taught online remotely.
Please review and purchase this materials kit in addition to this course listing if you need them.
You can purchase this listing for the class only if you have your own materials.
What is a mala?
It is a beaded necklace consisting of a tassel, a 'guru' bead, and a fixed number of round beads that is used in meditation practice or worn as an accessory.
Personalize your mala & set it with positive intentions.
Learn the art of mala making, pearl knotting, and how to finish your work with a professional touch.
What you'll learn:
• A nifty trick to turn the ends of your threads into 'needles' for any beading project
• How to thread and use a guru bead
• Hand-knotting between beads. This is a specialized skill used in fabricating luxe beaded jewelry (i.e. Mikimoto pearls.) The better you get at this, the more high-end your piece will look. I will show you a few different methods of knotting to obtain perfect results
• how to make a tassel
• how to seamlessly finish your necklace
• a brief intro to malas: its symbolisms and its use in meditation
• how to meditate with your mala
What you'll take home:
• a 108 bead mala necklace made from your choice of a selection of natural gemstones finished with a tassel that you've made (your choice of colors from a selection). Let your creativity run wild!
NOTE - you may not be able to finish a 108 bead mala with the time alloted. However, you will learn how to easily finish it at home.
• a few essential tools to you get started on your next mala at home
• a new skill and hobby that calm your mind, bring balance to your life, and ignite your creativity!