Mala Making Workshop: Saturday July 13, 2019
This is a 3-hour long workshop.
Date: Saturday July 13, 2019
Time: 3 - 6 pm
What is a mala?
It is a beaded necklace consisting of a tassel, a 'guru' bead, and a fixed number of round beads that is used in meditation practice or worn as an accessory.
Personalize your mala & set it with positive intentions.
Yoga and wellness accessories are hot right now! Mala necklaces make the perfect weekend & vacation accessory. They're fun, they're colorful, and they're addictive!
Learn the secrets of mala making, pearl knotting, and how to finish your work with a luxurious and professional touch.
Bring a friend, get a discount!
Choose "2 pax" in options.
What you'll learn:
• A nifty trick to turn the ends of your threads into 'needles' for any beading project
• How to thread and use a guru bead
• Hand-knotting between beads. This is a specialized skill used in fabricating luxe beaded jewelry (i.e. Mikimoto pearls.) The better you get at this, the more high-end your piece will look. I will show you a few different methods of knotting to obtain perfect results
• how to make a tassel
• how to seamlessly finish your necklace
• a brief intro to malas: its symbolisms and its use in meditation
• how to meditate with your mala
What you'll take home:
• a 108 bead mala necklace made from your choice of a selection of natural gemstones finished with a tassel that you've made (your choice of colors from a selection). Let your creativity run wild!
NOTE - you may not be able to finish a 108 bead mala with the time alloted. However, you will learn how to easily finish it at home.
• a few essential tools to you get started on your next mala at home
• a new skill and hobby that calm your mind, bring balance to your life, and ignite your creativity!