I'm so excited to bring our mala making workshops to Singapore!
This workshop is for anyone interested in learning how to make a mala necklace. Great for individuals or corporate groups. You can also request one-on-one sessions or special group dates/arrangements. Contact us here, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Whatsapp 91053850
What is a mala?
It is a beaded necklace consisting of a tassel, a 'guru' bead, and a fixed number of round beads that is used in meditation practice or worn as an accessory.
Personalize your mala & imbue it with your own positive intentions.
Yoga and wellness accessories are hot right now! Mala necklaces make the perfect weekend & vacation accessory. They're fun, they're colorful, and they're addictive!
Learn the secrets of mala making, pearl knotting, and how to finish your work with a luxurious and professional touch at our upcoming workshops around Singapore.
Immerse yourself in making and balance your energy with this meditative exercise of beading and knotting.
Our colorful malas can be worn as an accessory or they can serve a more spiritual purpose in helping your meditation practice. Learn how to handcraft a mala necklace. Each mala is completely unique and you will be activating it with your own positive intentions while crafting it.
A traditional mala typically has 108 beads. You will have the option to either make a 108 bead mala or a 54 bead mala. You most likely won't finish the 108 bead mala in class due to time constraints but I will show you how to finish the necklace in class so you can easily work on it at home. If you choose to make the 54 bead mala, you will most likely finish it during the workshop.
Bring a friend, get a buddy discount!
What you'll learn:
• A nifty trick to turn the ends of your threads into 'needles' for any beading project
• How to thread and use a guru bead
• Hand-knotting between beads. This is a specialized skill used in fabricating luxe beaded jewelry (i.e. Mikimoto pearls.) The better you get at this, the more high-end your piece will look. I will show you a few different methods of knotting to obtain perfect results
• how to seamlessly finish your necklace
• a brief intro to malas: its symbolisms and its use in meditation
• how to meditate with your mala
Meditation in class:
We will take the last 15-20 mins. of class to learn how to meditate with your mala and to calm our minds and set intentions for the week.
What you'll take home:
• a 54 or 108 bead mala necklace made from your choice of a selection of natural gemstones finished with a silk tassel (your choice of colors from a selection). Let your creativity run wild!
NOTE - you may not be able to finish a 108 bead mala with the time alloted. However, you will learn how to easily finish it at home.
• a few essential tools to you get started on your next mala - fine point tweezers, beading cloth, thread scissors.
• a new skill and hobby that calm your mind, bring balance to your life, and ignite your creativity!